Tuesday, August 23, 2005

3 Days, or Lunch

So in an attempt to recover from last night (and this last morning)'s soiree into the darkside, I've adopted a 'challenge' program, between myself and the missionaries (who only know about my P & M problems), and my best friend (who knows everything there is to know). Here's the challenge: I go for a set period of time, abstaining from P & M, trying to do whatever it takes to not get put into a position where it'll be a temptation, or I have to pay some unwanted consequence. As of today, the challenge stands that I go 3 days, clean, or else I have to pay for a big lunch for the Elders here in town. Reasonable for me...I really don't want to pay for lunch, so I'm in.
I've found myself, today, sleeping...alot. I had an interview set up for a job, but they called and had to rain-check me 'till tomorrow because the owners' baby got sick, and they were freaking out (which gives me the impression, that, due to my willingness, I've got the job in the bag). I woke up at about 8:30am, prayed, read my scriptures (or was that yesterday? Yes, that was yesterday...oh well, this still illustrates my point), and then fell back asleep...I woke up again at about 11am, helped my sister move for an hour or so, then started reading "Believing Christ," and fell asleep again. Woke an hour later, read my Patriarchal Blessing at the heed of my father, and fell asleep again. I don't know if it's my medication (which has been making me uncontrollably leg-shaky), or what, but today was an "I want to sleep" day.
Heck, I need to go to bed...I've got my cell phone alarm clock set for 8:30am (everytime, in a half-alseep daze, that I read the word "Snooze" or "Snoozing," I can't help but giggle, and think I'm still asleep), set so early because I know i'll fight it for close to half an hour...I think I'll go and continue to read my Orson Scott Card book...he's an amazing author, just so you know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good challenge. I would want to keep my money too instead of buying them a huge lunch. Some days sleeping can be good for you though. Sometimes you just need a lazy day where you have plenty time to yourself. As for the job, it really does sound like youve got it. I wish I had better luck in my job searching.

24 August, 2005 01:36

 
Blogger Jason said...

That's awesome, I'm glad your friend finally dared you. And thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it. I wish we had gotten to be better friends at school too. Keep strong buddy, just hang in there.

24 August, 2005 22:01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home