Sunday, June 01, 2008

I think I have a crush on Mr. Coffee.

I realized this morning just HOW MUCH satisfaction I get from cleaning some of the nation's best coffee out of my roommate's Mr. Coffee machine (I'm the only one who ever uses it). I'm not sure if it's fact that I just love drinking coffee, or if it's my obsessive compulsive tendencies, but removing the filter from that thing, and cleaning out the coffee pot is just freaking satisfying...that, and knowing that I'm probably drinking better coffee than most of the nation makes me feel secretly superior as well.

Julie did this thing, and I'm killing (wasting) time before I go to work (I really should be shaving instead of doing this, no?)...but I love Julienne, so I'm doin' it:

1. What book have you read recently?
Currently working through The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russel (again), and then I think I'm gonna read Sabriel by Garth Nix (again). What can I say, I'm a sci-fi/fantasy nerd. Then again, there's the part of me that wants to indulge Handsome, and read the Buddhist book he lent me. I'm sure I'll end up reading them all. And in so doing, I've elaborately steered away from the actual question of what I've read RECENTLY. Honestly, I don't remember the last book I finished....Go me. Go me, go...

2. Given the chance, what special ability/power would you like to have?
Probably the ability to fly/hover. Then I could make it appear as though I was running along the walls/ceilings etc. That'd just be rad.

3. List two things you have eaten today:
Coffee
Spit

I haven't made breakfast yet...which I ALSO should be doing.

4. What's your favorite color? Why?
This is gonna sound cliché, but it's that color the clouds turn right before it rains really hard. Just such a cool grey-purple-blue. That, and it's never the same twice. :) Once again, with the elusive answers.

5. Where is the place you want to go the most?
Right now, I'd say Istanbul. Or Handsome's apartment.

6. Name two places you have lived:
1. Rexburg, ID
2. Amity, OR

7. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain?
To quote Julie exactly: "No, that thing doesn't even exist. It's just a big, multicolored fantasy." It's a pretty fantasy though.

8. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Invest invest invest. I'd probably buy up lots of real estate. And buy a friggin' sweet computer.

9. Which type of person do you hate the most?
The maliciously underinformed kind of person who starts grudges, fights, and closed-minded bigotry. And the old Red Hat ladies that come into the restaurant and only tip in nickels and dimes...$128 check, and they leave a $4 tip. IN DIMES.

10. What are two things on your to do list right now?
1. Shower
2. Make Breakfast

11. If you have a fault, would you rather the people around you point it out to you or would you rather they keep quiet?
I'd rather people tell it to me so I can perfect it...or tell them to buzz off.

12. List two jobs you have had:
1. Figure model for BYU-Idaho's art department
2. Projectionist at a movie theater

13. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
Love. Cheesy, but really that's what this whole blog (and my life) come down to. Is loving and being loved.

14. Is there anything that you have done which you regret?
Honestly? I regret not having gotten to touch foot in Bulgaria, and I regret not coming out of the closet sooner. Occasionally I regret not allowing myself to writhe in the debauchery that was my brief "slut phase," but that's really not such an issue. I like being coupled.

15. Name two of your bad habits:
1. Not looking people in the eye when talking to them (in the restaurant especially)
2. Playing air-piano on the bus...or when cuddling with Handsome...or anytime there's music playing within earshot

16. What are your feelings about the person who tagged you?
Oh, I love Julie. So much. :)

17. Who do you Tag? Why?
Once again, quoting Miss Julienne exactly: "I tag...you. So if you read this, and you haven't done it, then consider yourself tagged. Why do I do this? Because it's a good cop-out since I don't really feel like thinking of anyone who hasn't been tagged yet. But seriously, do it!"

All blasphemous retorts for posting such a silly thing should be directed (directly) to Julie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I love coffee so much.

SO MUCH!!!

01 June, 2008 15:37

 

Post a Comment

<< Home