Monday, September 05, 2005

Head for the Hills, the Kitchen's on Fire

So...I've been feeling really very crappy lately...and I think, today, I came to the reallization of why. It's because SSRI's (selective seratonin reception inhibitors), the anti-depressants that I'm on, aren't doing their job...or...they're doing their job, but my brain is doing it's darndest to fight them...thust overproducing whatever it has to produce to make me feel miserable. Now, all that's left to do, is make another appointment with my physician, and have him give me something else...something that works better. I think we're supposed to be trying Effexor next? I don't know...all I know is that we're going to be switching to something that's not an SSRI.

It might be a really stupid, foolish move to make, but I put myself up on Yahoo personals, as a "Man seeking a Man." I'll be honest...I've been freaking lonely lately. I still long to be held by someone who's strong, muscular, and comforting. Not that I'm guaranteed to find it, but if I'm looking to get in touch with other gay guys around here, that's an okay place to start, right? I put down on there that "I'm not looking for sex or a 'hook up,' just someone to talk to. I went and sent some messages to some guys in my area, one of which is from my hometown, and isn't drop dead gorgeous, but he's pretty cute...and he had a shirtless pic on his page - I wasn't unimpressed...seems strong to me.

I feel as if this is the scenario right now - If I stay with trying to find a girl who'll make me happy, it's not going to happen. What'd I do to have that normalcy taken from me? If I try to 'stick it out,' being a homosexual trying to be a hetero, I feel like I'm only going to be left wanting. I don't know if this is me 'setting out to date a gay guy,' but I'm at least taking some kind of steps. If this is going to keep me from killing myself (which has been an ever-increasing topic on my mind as of late, what with the drugs not doing their job), then why not do it? Or am I meant to kill myself, remain unhappy, and left wanting? I'm not saying this will make me 'unhappy,' I'm just seeing it as a possible way for happiness to come easier.

I still haven't 'come out,' and don't know if I ever will...that's just too monumentous of a statement for me. If I say to the world, and to everyone I meet 'Hi I'm (enter name here), and I'm gay!' I don't feel like I'd ever be able to take that back...If I ever wanted to reach, again, for that heterosexual lifestyle, with a wife, and kids, I'd have some serious explaining to do...to myself above anyone else.

----

I've been listening to a band called the "Appleseed Cast" alot lately. A friend of mine turned me onto them about 2 years ago, and I picked their CD up again last week, and haven't been able to put it down since. I went and downloaded all their other albums (I know, I know, I'm a horrible, shameless music pirate), and I absolutely love them. I find that when I'm listening to them in the car, I can't help but just sit and think, driving either right at the speed limit (as opposed to the usual 5-10 over), or even 5 under...just meandering, and thinking.

Some friends and I hung out last night. They came and picked me up at about 11:30pm, and we drove around and found ourselves in Portland, looking for an IHOP...we went to Macdonalds instead, and then drove back. That is where the good stuff is...driving to Portland, an hour away, only to go to Macdonalds, and then drive back, talking all the way. Lovely.

Currently Listening to ~ "Bones" by Radiohead

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend, Couple thigns 1. Some Anti-depressents have been show to cause teens to contemplate sucide. Senetor Gordon Smith's son is a good case of that. 2. The whole coming out thing. You know what I have done. I firmly beilive that you could tell people that you are gay, or you at least are attracted to men and still be ok if a girl came along. That would be awsome and congratulations, but you can't wory about peoples reactions. If you decide to "Come out" it has to be for YOU!!!

05 September, 2005 23:39

 
Blogger Jason said...

Friend, you are living a life that is faced with decisions that have no black or white answers, everything is somewhere in between. I have no clue what to say to you, other than I am your friend. I always will be. I can't help you with anything but what I'm best at, giving you a good laugh every once in a while. Take care of yourself, and good luck with everything.

06 September, 2005 01:11

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I think about anti-depressants, and you know what I think your should do with them. Come out if you want to come out. Thats whats getting you so down. I warned you, that you would become dependant on anti-depressants. I dont want to be right. I really want you to get through this with your own will power, and not with some shitty drug.

06 September, 2005 12:00

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, kid, I'm a la Vanvouver now... merp.

I agree with neese about anti-depressants, for the most part. I think they're more of a placebo for people, like, "I'm taking something to make myself better" and their mind convinces their body that they ARE getting better. But hey, maybe they do work for people, I don't know.

Long spontaneous outings are what keep friendships going!

merp.

06 September, 2005 14:31

 
Blogger Brazz said...

It gets better! Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Coming home from a mission early (from Taiwan) to come to terms with my SSA 2 years ago sent my life into a sharp spiral and I went through the counseling and the drugs, too. It's only now started to pick back up and I'm finally finding happiness and peace. It's worth it! Feel free to drop an e-mail, my e-mail's on my profile.
-Jack @ Ohio

21 September, 2005 17:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home