Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In my mind, in my mind.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So, this is mine...It's been my heart and soul for the past few months...it's increasing and growing....subject to change.

I
The paper stars that you've pinned up to my cieling
they're just no substitue...
For the real night sky, outside...I've got to get out - to get through

So if you want to go for a ride,
and if you want to stay alive -
Come with me, we'll find another place
Come with me - I can't stay.
These memories will fade, with time.

II
Sitting on the front porch, just staring at the cieling
What else can I do?
Because these clouds they fall around me
There are no shooting stars?
Who are you to blame when you're not really who you are?

So if you want to go for a ride,
and if you want to stay alive -
Come with me, we'll find another place
Come with me - I can't stay.
Please let me be okay - one day at a time.

So tonight of nights, 4 people have remembered what's special.
Truth is, I've got the worst case of Peter-Pan syndrome ever...bah.
I'm taking an emotional dump on a friend and he doesn't deserve it. He's a great guy. We're discussing our wants to disappear...a 3-month long train ride across Canada sounds good about now. Okay....I no longer feel compelled to write any more. I'll most likely take the lyric down after too long...I'm neurotic and paranoid that someone is going to steal my lyrics.

4 Comments:

Blogger elbow said...

Amazing lyrics! Do you have music set to them. I think they are really good. Keep writing, you have a talent there.

18 January, 2006 08:09

 
Blogger el veneno said...

Those are great lyrics. Like you feared, I just printed them and sent them off to all the studios I know with my name on them. Maybe to make it up to you I'll use some of the proceeds to pay for your train ride across Canada.
:-)

So you're a stud. It's about time you grow up cause a kid your age shouldn't be so talented.

I think you need to watch Peter Pan again. I seem to remember the message being that growing up was ok... or maybe that was in Finding Neverland... I'll have to review them.

So honestly I hope today is great and exciting and you don't even have to try hard to make the most of it.

Happy Day Bro

18 January, 2006 08:24

 
Blogger Liz said...

If someone does steal your lyrics, the song still won't be as good without your music. It's a beautiful song. And I remembered and I love you lots!

18 January, 2006 14:04

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If some no good copywriter does take your stuff...it only means they were inspired. And that means that your real talented when it comes to lyrics. Dont worry so much. You dont need more stress in your life.

19 January, 2006 00:26

 

Post a Comment

<< Home