Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Nothing Hurts Like your Mouth

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I didn't put this blog up to start flame wars over people's views. Sorry if it sounds a bit self-centered, but it's MY blog, my place to vent, so please, respect it, and get along with eachother.

My homosexual tendencies are something that I do, at this point in my life, consider an evil. I've been told multiple times by church leaders, therapists, and friends alike that the attraction isn't the sin...the sin would be found in my acting out, if I ever did so...but that's not a fact that sticks with me right now. The Gay lifestyle is something that I can't allow myself to indulge in, so, my apologies to Hawaii Dave, but it's not something that I'm keen on "accepting." The fact that I'm attracted to men is simply not acceptable to me...and I won't ever live well with it...I appreciate your offer for support, but as it stands, I most likely won't take you, or others, up on the offer. That's not to say it's not appreciated.

To JD, I completely appreciated your sympathies, and your prayers, as well as those of anyone who might be reading this, are extremely appreciated. Having people, both homosexual and heterosexual in my corner makes this fight called life a bit easier to fight.



Now to the meat of my post -
I finally got back to Rexburg. *Sigh of Relief* Being away from my father, my mother, my siblings, people from the church back there...it's just so much of a relief. . . . . . .I have already gotten myself caught up in a love square (think love triangle, but love square)...I've got my best mate, and roomate, the girl he's currently macking on, and one of my good (girl) friends from my home town. Roomate likes his girl, my girlfriend likes roomate, I thought still kind of liked my girlfriendie friend (we dated some in high school...), and am less than pleased with my roomates new lady...I'm beginning to see the truth in the words my therapist, back in Oregon, had for me...that I hate women...I got screwed over by my mother's cowardice as a child (I'll elaborate more on that in bit), and as a consequence, hold an un-conscious disdain for women.

I know it sounds bizarre, but I just don't like the girl...she's nice, she knows about videogames, she's a cute girl...but no...mlah. Call it me being a big prick of a jealous friend, call it my unwaning loyalty to my friends, and not wanting to see them with less than their best, blame it on my disdain for women...I honestly just don't know...Infact, I need to get ahold of the counseling center here at school so I can run all this by them...get their professional opinion on the matter.

My roomates are all really cool...I think they're catching on to the fact that I'm gay, but none are freaking out about it. My ROOMATE roomate already knows and he's not afraid of me for it (thank goodness), and continues to help me out as I'm frustrated, etc.

Sunday was a killer. First off, my hair was completely unruly and totally not up to BYU standard (big woop though), so I was getting dirty looks left and right...I was used to it...but I felt like such an outsider! Back at home everybody knew me as the wallflower...but here...there simply aren't any wallflowers in my ward! It seemed almost as if I as expected to be chipper cheery Peter Priesthood...and I hate that. But here's the clincher. I go to priesthood meeting...there were a decent number of good looking guys around (another factor that's kind of got me on edge...more reason for me to stay cooped up in my apartment)...and once in particular caught my eye...I'll just say he was extremely good looking. We kept on making eye contact, and then both looked away bashfully...'He can't be gay....that'd be SUCH bad timing, and I don't know how well I could hold out!' I thought to myself...We all introduced ourselves, and announced my major...I figured I was going to be the only one with my major, since BYUI doesn't actually offer it; I'm going to have to transfer to BYU to finish my degree...low and behold - he's the same major.

'This is disasterous,' I think to myself...and of course, me being the flirtatious, curious dork that I am, I had to go and introduce myself, and talk it up with the kid a bit...he's just good looking. I ended up having to run back and forth to the laundry room about 10 times last night, and looked at his door everytime...looked at his window, thinking maybe he'd be standing nearby it so I could catch a peek at him...thank goodness the blinds were closed...but bah! I hate all the pretty boys! There are too many good looking mormons!

9 Comments:

Blogger David Walter said...

"The Gay lifestyle is something that I can't allow myself to indulge in, so, my apologies to Hawaii Dave, but it's not something that I'm keen on "accepting." The fact that I'm attracted to men is simply not acceptable to me...and I won't ever live well with it...I appreciate your offer for support, but as it stands, I most likely won't take you, or others, up on the offer. That's not to say it's not appreciated."

I understand. Just remember that, wherever your journey in life takes you, I and others will always be available to provide support if you need it.

Dave

11 January, 2006 00:37

 
Blogger Peculiar 'Mormon' said...

Go for it.

11 January, 2006 10:37

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your out of Oregon, even if theres so many good looking guys around. But hey, its good for me when I go to BYU right? =p Just hang in there, it sounds like your doing alright. Oh, I saw brokeback mountain on saturday. If you havn't seen it, i seriously suggest you see it. Its really good.

12 January, 2006 09:26

 
Blogger Liz said...

It's wonderful to have you back here again. I knew I missed you a ton when you were gone, but the night that we saw you, man, I was blown away by how much I'd missed you. I didn't fully realize HOW MUCH I'd missed you. You're amazing. Hey, if major-sharing boy is really this attractive, maybe I should check him out...Where's he live again...? Anyway, you're amazing, dear, and I'm so excited for this semester with you up here.

12 January, 2006 23:33

 
Blogger el veneno said...

Dude, I loved your response to Hawaii Dave. He's taken a real interest in "helping" gay mormon boys find themselves in the out world. I can tell he's a sincere guy and his advice may be the only answer left for some people which is sad. Have you noticed how almost all the other gay mormon bloggers have suddenly decided to out themselves and try it with a guy?
I know you though and I think that's not what you need to hear or do. You're on the right track and as far as I can tell you're enjoying life. Anyway just wanted to say way to stick to your guns.

13 January, 2006 09:32

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came upon this website while looking for the therapies psychologist use to help people who want to overcome homosexuality. I believe that we all have our trials in life but knowing that doesn't help! I grew up in great LDS family. However, I have always been plagued by feelings of inferiority. I decided that my worth as an individual depended upon my "Perfect family" and my intelligence. When I went away to school at Utah State on a full scholarship, I thought everything was perfect. Of course, during that time, my Dad started really questioning his faith and questioning whether or not he loved my mother. I chose to keep my feelings about this inside. He did move out for a long while and I managed to lose my scholarship after my freshman year.
Also, I suffered from frequent headaches. I felt empty and depressed inside. I did not pray because I was angry at what was happening with my Dad. However, I still "followed all the rules." After trying many medications to help with the headaches, I found something that took both my emotional and physical pain away. The prescription drug is called Lortab, which is a commony abused drug. I did not become hooked right away. Even though I knew about the dangers of prescription medications, I pushed that aside. Over time I started thinking about the pills all the time. I suffered with addiction for over three years. I was depressed all the time, wishing I could die.
Finally I went to a treatment center. I hated that center because most of the staff treated the patients with disdain. After I finished, I came home and started living life again. I figured that I could still take the pills every once in awhile.
However, four months later I ended in the ICU because I had taken an accidental overdose. Went back to get treatment and also started using my gospel resources. Also, I continue to see a therapist and attend 12-step meetings. Right now I am preparing to attend graduate school so that I can become a counselor. I feel that I have a genetic propensity toward addiction. However, I will continue to do things necessary to overcome it. There are bad days when I want to take a pill to dull the pain. Cravings can be overwhelming. However, this was ruining my life - emotionally, physically, socially, and most of all spiritually.
I did not read your whole blog but are you receiving any kind of "reorientation" therapy?

14 January, 2006 12:33

 
Blogger Peculiar 'Mormon' said...

As of my last session with my therapist (I just moved to Rexburg, so I'm currently without a therapist), I wasn't doing any 'reorientation' therapy. Really I was working with my therapist on WHY I deal with same sex attraction. And a large part fo that was attributed to the dysfunctionality of my family, and my distant relationship with my father. So really, it's been like 'family counseling' sans the family.

14 January, 2006 12:58

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't seen it yet, you should go see Brokeback Mountain. I suspect it may have significant relevance to you right now.

15 January, 2006 01:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Gay lifestyle is something that I can't allow myself to indulge in...

In my journey, I wonder what this means. What does 'gay lifestyle' mean to you? I fear it too, but I wonder if I fear a fallacy or a reality.

16 January, 2006 23:08

 

Post a Comment

<< Home