Thursday, March 16, 2006

And Things Will Work Out in the End

Image hosting by Photobucket

I really can't hide any longer.

This last week has been one of the best of my life. I've been elated, crushed, edified, chastised, loved, aroused, terrified and reassured all within such a short span of time, it feels like it's been years. I've been in love, and been loved.

Having someone to validate your existence is an amazing thing...having someone to be strong for, having someone who's strong for you. Having someone who thinks that you're enough, and somehow communicates that to you, on an almost spiritual level, is something that can't be explained, only experienced. Having such a longing for someone that you're willing to try your hardest NOT to get sexual with them is something that I have to treasure, and cherish.

He is my knight, I'm his prince, and, while I suppose this is kind of a love behind the King's back, I'm willing to make it last, and make it not cheap.

I've been telling myself over and over that if I can manage to somehow stick it out through this mortal existence, maybe, somehow, the two of us will be able to express our love for eachother as strongly as we have the need in the next life. There is ternal progress in the highest degree of glory (which I doubt my getting into), and eternal love. We'll all be with those that we love most, granted they make it there as well, and we'll be able to love them eternally...I just hope that I can love him as intensely as I hope, in the next life.

This has, previously, been a blog of wallowing...granted, it most likely will continue to be. It's been a place for me to spew out my discomforts and sadness...a place for me to long for what I now have, and can only hope that it gets better. I'm not saying that things are going to chane immensly, but I can tell you that right now, I am in love, and I'm willing to make it work on a spiritual level.

Talking to my therapist, we discussed how this sort of extremely deep friendship can help some men, who choose that marriage isn't the option that is most logical for them, remain celibate, or who knows...It may even be that with the help of love, I'll be opened up to loving more openly...allowing more people's love to touch me. Heck, I might even be able to end up marrying a woman....right now, though? I'm just going to remember that I've got time. I'm still very young, and marriage isn't needed in my immediate future...nor is sex. I love him, and he makes me so excited, but we've both made covenants. We're going to do our best to uphold them.

We're walking a tightrope like the one displayed above, but I've got pretty darn good balance...at least, I have in the past. Both literally, and figuratively speeking.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your description of your feelings is a testimony to me that love is universal. I'm happy for you and wish you the best. Your desire to forgo intimacy in the hopes of a better tomorrow reminds me of an Ed Abbey quote in his great book "Desert Solitaire": People get so caught up focusing on the heaven to come that they completely ignore the paradise that surrounds them.

16 March, 2006 15:37

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you doing really good. Im proud of you.

17 March, 2006 00:33

 
Blogger elbow said...

WOW! I am so happy for you...no ecstatic! That is amazing.
I want to know more details about who he is and how this all came about, but that's not as important as the fact that you are doing good.
You deserve to feel this way. You deserve and have the right like everyone on the earth to fall in love with someone and experience what it is like to be completely committed in your heart without feeling like it's wrong.
I so hope that it continues to go well. I really want you to be happy and to recognize that even though it's good right now, it may be hard down the road for whatever reason, but remember this: YOU DESERVE TO FEEL THIS WAY ALL THE TIME! You may not be in this situation where you can feel this consistently on a regular basis, but the hope of it should be enough to keep you going.
Take care of yourself, and know that the person who feels love and reciprocates, is someone closer to being a true and authentic person.

17 March, 2006 06:57

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want to have the greatest chance of being life-long friends with this guy? Do you want that close friendship to continue in the eternities? If so, then keep the friendship on a close, emotional level and avoid physical contact at all cost. Your chances of a long-term friendship will drastically reduce if you "cross the line" with him.

Good luck!

17 March, 2006 11:14

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So physical intimacy=no friendship on a close, emotional level? No wonder most marriages end in divorce! While I would never advocate for jumping in to intimacy, I think that when a relationship develops to a certain point, physicality only serves to heighten the bond and forge closer ties with another person. It's a shame that people think that a loving God would deny anyone that aspect of being human of that He expects them to supress the very selves that He created.

17 March, 2006 14:43

 
Blogger LDSwithSSA said...

Sorry, Bjorn, I agree with Mark. Unless they are willing to give up what they appear to believe, a physical relationship would destroy the friendship in this situation.

A clear example of this can be found in this post.

17 March, 2006 18:04

 
Blogger LDSwithSSA said...

sorry, try this link

17 March, 2006 18:06

 
Blogger Gay LDS Actor said...

I know exactly how you feel.

There are no easy answers, but whatever happens be grateful for that love that the two of you share. Whatever happens, good luck to you.

18 March, 2006 03:13

 
Blogger Seth R said...

Do you have any idea how flipping happy I am for you?

19 March, 2006 12:59

 
Blogger Hi! said...

haha.. I'm sorry budd... there are TONS of Jack-*** looneys who left comments in ur blog.... good thing they show up like " anonymous"... U shouldn't allow those religious freaks to mess up ur mind.

20 March, 2006 19:27

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe, Cranguy, That PM happens to be one of those "religious freaks" you are angry with. Remember that comments are public domain, anyone can say anything, but he is not required to take the advice, Comment bashing and flaming is kinda pointless, since the point of a comment is to help the person/comment on the person to who the comment is being sent, (aka, PM) not fuss over religious differences of other commentors. You can of course disagree, but respect his religious opinions, as he constantly states them, in his journal, and stop sounding so hateful to his religious peers who are only doing the same thing you are: Trying To Help.

~A friend from the past

20 March, 2006 21:21

 
Blogger el veneno said...

"I'm willing to make it last, and make it not cheap."
That's awesome. I know you can do it.
Best of luck buddy.

26 March, 2006 15:38

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and I miss you, and I'm so happy that you're finally feeling loved. Sometimes, it just makes you happy to be able to love someone, and I'm terribly glad that you finally have the opportunity to share some smidgeon of the great love that I know God feels for you no matter what. Don't we teach that He loves us no matter what, and He made us in His image? God must be a little gay, then, by that teaching. I don't think this potential relationship is occurring without a reason, or that it can be harmful even if it ends up hurting, as long as you learn something and take away something good from it. Good luck, banana, you're always in my prayers.

Live with repercussions, not regrets.

"Clarity of the mind is the greatest gift that love can bring, and the greatest heartbreak that one can experience".

27 March, 2006 00:49

 
Blogger epadavito said...

how exciting is that! sheesh...I wish I had that. Sometimes in life you need to experience a love that envelopes you and brings you what you've been yearning for.

13 April, 2006 01:31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home