Monday, April 24, 2006

And Now I Reallize Why

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm talking to a friend online, and, just now, I think I understand part of my self loathing better. Why it is that I hate myself as much as I do.

Probably around the age of 8 is when I learned that homosexuallity is an 'abomination against God and nature.'

I had reallized in the year beforehand, 1st grade, that I was attracted to boys, not girls. There was one boy on the playground who was specifically attractive. Auburn hair that was just so cool, green eyes, those flannel shirts that were all the craze back in my gradeschool days. He just looked good. I almost want to say he looked cooler than I think he was cute, but at the time, I thought he was cute.

I've had it driven into my head for 12+ years that 'you like boys, so you're evil.' I haven't known anything else...other than the fact that I am an evil being, unilke the other boys, because of this thing that I've got. And I consider it like that. Something that I've got. It's not a trial, it's like a disease I've contracted.

And I guess that's part of what makes this so rough. I'm sick, I'm unwell...so why isn't God healing me? Making me better? Do I have to be perfect in order for him to make me okay again? I just hope that if I were able to be perfect, he'd take this all away. That's why I tried to go on a mission. I thought it would help me...thought it would make me more of a perfect and complete person. Instead, it only broke me.

I've been musing more and more on the idea of a homosexual relationship...and I'm reallizing more and more just how much it wouldn't work, statistically, in the long-run. So many just don't make it...so many relationships that wash down the drain, and fail. Far too many cases of infidelity for me to feel secure in it. How much it would brake my heart to find out that whomever I was in love with, and had made love with, had been unfaithful.

But on the other hand, relationships with girls have never worked out for me. It comes down, unconsciously, to my hating women. My mother was never courageous enough to stop my father from talking down to me, or keep my father from being emotionally abusive. It was only after he had gone that she'd console me, but never reprimand him. I hated her for that. I guess part of me still does. As a direct, or indirect, result of her actions, I felt like women were needing to be taken care of, and protected, not viewed as strong individuals themselves.

I'm damned if I do, and I'm damned if I don't. Go gay - be potentially spiritually miserable for all of eternity. Try to continue dating women and eventually get married - and I'm un-gratified in this life...and you only live once. We're supposed to have joy on this Earth, right? Then why should I go and get married, feel like I'm living a lie. I'd be even MORE of a hypocrite then, than I feel right now.

So what do I do now?


. . . . . . . . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I'm glad that my homosexual feelings emerged into consciousness as an answer to my prayers.

For me it comes down to a question of which is the lesser of the evils. As I see it, there are three choices: man, woman, or none.

Is it better to be honest and sexually 'unclean,' sexually pure and a hypocrite for x number of decades, or alone and stuck in your progress?

Personally, I choose progress and honesty, and I just have to have faith that I'll find someone like me who is interested in a relationship based on fidelity. A forever kind of relationship.

24 April, 2006 12:56

 
Blogger meg said...

I think what you explain here is why most gay relationships don't work. So many men go into them thinking, "This isn't going to last so I'm just not going to try to make it work."

I know lots of gay couples who've been together for a long time--some only 3 years, others up to 15. The one thing I've found in common with all of them is that they all made it work because it meant something to them. It wasn't just for the sex or the idea of being with someone. They made it last because this person--this person who they love more than anything in the whold world--loves them back just as much.

I'm so jealous of them sometimes. I wish I had that.

I hope you find it one day.

You deserve to be happy.

24 April, 2006 21:58

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Hope You Will Permit Me The Chance To Say Hi To You Whilst You Are In Town... It's been lonely here without your knowing smirk and thoughtful comments, (and your brother makes up for neither in Seminary) See you around,

You Know Who This Is
No Longer A 3-Letter Girl

25 April, 2006 20:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please visit our website - lds4gaymarriage.net We appreciate all comments. Very informative and thought provoking. Thanks.

29 April, 2006 14:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home