Sunday, April 23, 2006

I keep making this to-do list, but nothing gets crossed out


Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm back in Oregon...12 hour drive back, alone, because nobody was coming back this early, and beacuse Mom wanted me to come back...that, and to collect my red electric guitar. 5 minutes home, and Dad's trying to strike up an argument. I don't understand this city...I don't understand the people here...and this is where I grew up?

This feeling I've got...well...it's a lack of feeling actually, but it's what i've got right now...it's worse than the loneliness I've been feeling without the one that I love. This feeling is what makes more horribly depressed than anything...makes me more suicidal than is healthy for someone like myself....hell, nobody should ever feel suicidal, right? Well looks like I'm stuck in this boat, no matter how much it rocks.

My love has been aloof as of late...I get "I love you"s, but they're "I love you, but I'm no longer in love with you"s. How he kissed...can that be the truth? A part of me thinks that he's trying to be good the good mormon, wich I want him to do (and don't at the same time) if he wants to, and pushing me away, because he's scared of getting in this too deep...not letting himself be in love, because he's scared of it.

Here's a marker, here's my naked skin:
Art Exhibit A
Put a small "x" where I lost my way

My friends here are the borg...or they're not...Everyone is happy, or they're good liars. So many of them are wrapped up in happiness, and I'm kind of left behind. What'd I miss out on? Some of it seems like masks being put up, continuing to be "happy" in this stuffy, crowded spot. Some are happy to be able to get out of here, for which I applaud them...maybe that's all that I'm seeing? The friends who are getting out, and I'm just thinking "holy hell, I'm here for another 2 weeks." I guess I need to remember that I'm getting out in 2, not longer...I think I 'm going to go home early.

Alot of my friends back in Rexburg are leaving. While I'm happy that I get to kind of start over, I'm sad too...I've never been okay with just letting go of friends...and I guess that I'm still hung up on that.

In this house, I feel oppressed. Sure, there's alot of food in the fridge, but there's the Father Figure constantly trying to start fights. There's Mom who doesn't understand why or how I've gotten so depressed. There's my little brother who's ruling the house, and for that I'm patting him on the back. I guess he's earned it, being the youngest of all of us.

I just need to get back to my nearly-empty fridge, my drawings, my traffic signs that I stole up on the walls, and to people that I feel actually care for me. Sure my parents care, but it's the kind of care that is obligated...they care for me with money, and hugs, but they're not THERE for me. .Jerk, thank you for being there for me. Post Secret, eventhough you're a concept, thank you for being there and giving me strength for the following week.

I need to be able to create again. I'll be so distracted this next semester. I can't wait for distraction, and even for frustration because of it. At least it'll be something other than being frustrated with my life that is completely devoid of feeling, other than depression, and frustration over what I've been keeping stewing in my head. I'll have an outside aggressor that I'm forced to deal with, in my perfectionist nature, that I get to either dance with, or wrestle. It'll be a welcome uncertainty.

I need to get a band up and running finally, once I get back home. Oregon doesn't equal home anymore. Rexburg is home.

"You know that point in your life when you reallize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of the sudden, eventhough you have a place to put your shit, the idea of home is gone." - Garden State

That's me right now. I just need to remember to try to laugh between the times that I cry. Too bad I forget after 5 minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger el veneno said...

I'm so sorry it sucks bud. I know the feeling of not feeling at home at home. It's about the worst feeling in the world. As we get older the roles of parent and child become more obscure and we all struggle to understand how we're supposed to act. Sometimes I want my parents to treat me like the adult I am, but other times I just wish they would hold me (figuratively) and baby me like a child. I know they deal with the same problem of trying to give me space while protecting me and being a part of my life.
I love my parents and I know they love me but yeah I take them in small doses. That's cool that Rexburg feels like home now too. I hope you know you've got a home in Utah too whenever you need it.
Keep remembering to laugh. Enjoy the good things (like the food and the guitar and your brother and all that) and don't try not to let the other stuff eat you up (I know it's easier to say than do). Peace :-)

23 April, 2006 23:43

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro, I can relate to the emptiness that can come from being at home. Halfway through my university studies, I spend a semester at home. It was a dark, blurry time and I don't remember much about it except that it eventually ended.

Now when I go back to visit it feels very different. Not because they have changed, but because I have. I not longer feel the hollow soul that I thought I was.

Our feelings, our perspective, and our self-worth can change. I am proof of that. It wasn't some miraculous transformation, but slowly, over time I grew and I am grateful for those changes. Although I'm not very religious or spiritual, I know that God and Jesus are to thank for those changes. I followed his commandments the best I could. I made many mistakes, but some part of me will always have faith. It can make a difference.

And in the meantime, it's just good to know that other people get what we are going through. And we do.

25 April, 2006 11:14

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're doing well. Think of the amazing person that you are - the talent that you possess and the fun you are able to have. I know what you mean about 'can't wait for some distration - I'm semi-scared about the summer, b/c I'll have soo much more time on my hands than during the semester!...anwyho..you know you're great...david

29 April, 2006 18:37

 

Post a Comment

<< Home